Wants To Save You THREE Years of Your Salary—
BEFORE You Walk Down the Aisle!..
…And, If You’ve Already Tied The Knot, She Wants to Save—Not Sever—Your Marriage!
Just in Time for June (“Wedding Month”),
It could have saved Heidi Klum, JLo, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry…and You! Did you know that most Americans will spend one year of their salary on a wedding—and more than two years’ worth of paychecks on a divorce? Nationally acclaimed matrimonial attorney, Vikki S. Ziegler, Esq., is armed to help loving couples speak now about a lot of important matrimonial issues before they hold their peace! In her new book,The Premarital Planner: Your Complete Legal Guide to a Perfect Marriage –Ziegler demystifies the disastrous reasons why people end their marriage—going far beyond a pre-nuptial agreement—and shows how to tackle and defuse the most common divorce-provoking issues, before you walk down the aisle!
Why Vikki Ziegler and The Premarital Planner are a must for divorce prevention:
- The average cost of a wedding (for average American couples in the real world, not reality TV) is $24,000, (about a year’s salary), according to theweddingreport.com. The average cost of divorce? According to the experts at divorce360.com, it ranges from a low-end of $53,000 (more than two years’ worth of the average American’s paychecks!) to a high-end of $188,000;
- Based on national divorce statistics, an estimated 40 to 50 percent of first marriages end in divorce. Based on national surveys, two of the top ten reasons people get divorced are: lack of commitment toward marriage and lack of communication between spouses;
- The Premarital Planner offers quizzes, worksheets, and other interactive exercises to ease couples into opening up and discussing difficult but vital topics, including financial matters (borrowing, budgeting, saving, and future goals—even coming clean about past and present debt), family dynamics, children, healthcare, religion, and estate planning, to affirm their commitment to marriage before they commit to a legal contract;
It’s Time to Stop the Divorce Epidemic
and Invest in your Marriage
THE PREMARITAL PLANNER
Your Complete Legal Guide to a Perfect Marriage
Vikki S. Ziegler, Esq.
Nationally-Acclaimed Matrimonial Attorney and Civil Litigator
We’re all familiar with the sobering facts about marriage in America. Based on national statistics, roughly half of all marriages will end in divorce. We’ve all heard the truth, because marriage experts and struggling couples repeatedly state it: Marriage is hard work. Yet, too often, people in love get swept up in the romance, ignore the truth, and believe their marriage will last forever—until they can’t escape the sad fact that they need to hire a divorce lawyer.
After more than a decade of working with financial planners, family therapists, life coaches, and many unhappy couples in her family law practice, and as a child of divorce, nationally recognized matrimonial attorney, Vikki S. Ziegler, knows why so many marriages fail. More importantly, she knows how to help people in love embrace the truth—making a marriage work takes work—and avoid the emotional and financial pain of divorce. Her new book, THE PREMARITAL PLANNER: Your Complete Legal Guide to a Perfect Marriage walks couples through laying the groundwork for a strong, happy, and enduring marriagebefore they walk down the aisle.
“I’ve discovered that the keys to a long-lasting marriage are honesty and careful planning,” Ziegler attests. “Yet, while brides and grooms spend countless hours discussing wedding guest lists, flowers, and menus for the reception, few devote significant time to the all-important conversations on issues which will affect their entire married life: finances, children, healthcare, estate planning, and family dynamics.”
To ease couples into bringing up unromantic topics and dealing with potentially contentious matters in advance, THE PREMARITAL PLANNER offers questionnaires, quizzes, and worksheets made for working on together. With Ziegler as their pre-marriage counselor and motivator, couples will engage in candid, thoughtful discussions about the all the critical issues they need to face and settle before sealing their commitment with a kiss—and a legal contract. Among many must-discuss subjects, interactive exercises delve into:
- Who will be the breadwinner, the caretaker, the homemaker?—getting real and clear about defining roles and expectations in a marriage;
- Marital money matters—urging couples to share their views on borrowing, their budgeting practices, their spending habits, and their long-term financial goals, as well as air out their financial laundry;
- A place to call home—from revealing each partner’s living preferences (location, type of neighborhood, and more) to deciding how much of their combined monthly income to invest in a mortgage;
- In sickness and in health—confronting the ultimate questions about life insurance policies, living wills, and power of attorney;
- And baby makes three?—starting with, “Do we really want children?,” and then moving on to the details of how many and when, childcare, childrearing, and openness to alternate routes to parenthood;
- Living together—gauging whether a couple is ready to take their (possible) marriage for a test drive through taking The Cohabitation Compatibility Quiz; and
- Ready or not?—with penetrating questions to help each partner determine for him/herself: How much do I really know about and love my future spouse? Am I ready for the commitment of marriage?
Couples contemplating a second (or third or fourth) marriage and same-sex couples will also find specific questions and exercises related to their particular concerns. But that’s not all. In THE PREMARITAL PLANNER, Ziegler helps couples get comfortable with the legal language of love, from key factors to consider when applying for a marriage license to when to insist on a prenuptial agreement. The book wraps up with tips and a timeline to make the fun side of wedding planning less stressful, and some basic rules and skills for a happy, healthy, and highly successful marriage. First and foremost, Ziegler advises couples: Be and remain best friends.
Packed with practical, legal, and emotional information, and using a unique method to get couples talking and working together, THE PREMARITAL PLANNER is the pre-wedding gift every loving couple should give themselves.
# # #
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Vikki S. Ziegler, Esq., is one of America’s preeminent attorneys specializing in matrimonial law and civil litigation, the innovator of a unique and realistic approach to “divorce management,” and a popular expert source and media commentator on legal issues. A member of the New Jersey State, New York State, and District of Columbia Bar Associations, she was ranked among the “Top 40 Lawyers under 40” by New Jersey Law Journal in 2006, “Top Lawyers under 40” by NJ BIZ in 2008, included in the “50 Best Women in Business” by NJ BIZ in 2012, and recognized as a “rising star” in Super Lawyers magazine in 2010, 2011 and 2012. She frequently appears on the Fox News Channel, Fox 5, CNN, CNBC, Fox Business Channel, CBS, HLN, and talk radio shows across the country to discuss high-profile cases relating to marriage and divorce. In addition, Ziegler is an adjunct professor at Fordham Law School and the CEO of divorcedating.com, a website devoted to helping newly divorced singles navigate the dating environment.